2012, it’s gonna be a big one.Posted: January 2, 2012
I’m steering today’s post in a slightly different direction, as I am reluctantly entering the year that I will turn 30. Yah 30. Ick. Even though I know I’m a “grown-up” I still feel like I’m 19, can’t buy alcohol and just wanna skip class and hang with my friends. So turning 30 is pretty freaky. I feel like I will officially not be a kid anymore, and will have to stop saying things like “Yo” and “Peace Out”. We’ll see how that goes.
So I thought it would be fun to come up with a list of things I want to experience and things I want to do to better myself. It may a little cliche, but whatev, sometimes you just need to create some goals for yourself. Even if they are little ones. The last half of 2011 allowed me to start a new job, leaving one I hated, so why not write down the rest of the stuff I wanna do! And wanna wear, of course.
1. Swear less.
2. Be less selfish
3. Read at least 4 books in their entirety (I never read or finish books if I try)
4.Run another 5K, maybe another 10K
5. Go to a museum(s)
6. Actually eat healthier, and like it.
7. Buy locally more-food and retail
8. Have less road rage
9. Visit my friend and her new baby in FLA
10. Finish house projects that have been sitting for forever
11. Experiment more with my style
12. Try thrift shopping more
13. Blog more and be better at techy stuff
14. Travel, Travel, Travel
15. Get back into dance class, at least a few times
I thought 15 was a nice round number of things to think about. So here’s to 2012..I hope everyone else has a fantabulous year and does all the things they want to do. I’ll be enjoying the last few months of my youth in the meantime. 🙂